Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer Cover Up, Pashmina, even now!

My daughter has been wearing a lightweight pink pashmina this summer. She loosely wraps it once around her neck framing necklaces. Worn with a tank top on top of a cami, with not-too-short shorts and sandals, it's a great look. I'm particularly fond of this outfit because it hides the multiple of straps; bra straps, cami straps, tank straps that are de regure for teens.

While in the Hamptons I saw a woman more my age (don't ask) wearing a fettuccini strap sun-dress with a very lightweight scarf. Wrapped loosely, it effortlessly made what was a bare top not too bare. The scarf was fringed and colorful.

I was the grateful recipient of a featherweight pashmina from China that has a lovely illustration of three Chinese women in traditional garb, punting. Its cantaloupe, peach, orange, sand, green and turquoise colors are mixed together in a watercolor effect that is dreamy and it too is delicately fringed. I'm wearing it a lot. The color and fabric is a winning combination with a chartreuse silk dress I have that offers a bit too much up top.

My Chinese wrap was also the starting point for packing on Friday. Its sunny colors blend well with all that is Southern California.

No comments: