Thursday, July 15, 2010

Keep Calm And Carry On A Scarf

Excerpt from my upcoming Travelgirl article on Style and Travel:

For function and style every journey begins with a scarf (or wrap!).

It’s always better to wrap up in cashmere than a poly airline blanket. My most adored wrap is by Jules Allen and it is Berry pink!

As for silk, perhaps it’s best to purchase a Gucci or Ferragamo scarf while in Italy or Hermes in Paris. It will become a coveted souvenir and immediate heirloom.

Fashion and beauty writer Molly Boxford suggests Echo scarves, “Once I’ve established a theme to my packing, I like to add an Echo scarf to pull together colors or looks.” Reasonably priced, they won’t gouge your trip spending stash.

I’m finding the half-scarf/half sweater numbers out this fall interesting. Wrap London does a few that look hip and cozy. Here's a sneak peak at one from their fall catalog–a great look for any field trip...



No comments: